volksFORTH is a 16bit Forth System produced by the german Forth Gesellschaft e.V.
Main development of this system was done between 1985 until 1989.
The volksFORTH Project was revived in 2005 with the goal to produce a manageable Forthsystem for computer systems with restricted system resources.
Some modern Forth Systems were influenced by or were derived from volksFORTH (GNU-Forth, bigForth).
The current Version of VolksForth is 3.81.
At this time volksFORTH is available for this Systems:
- volksFORTH MS-DOS (Intel x86 Architecture i8086-ia64)
- volksFORTH 6502 (Commodore 64, Commodore Plus 4, Commodore PET, Apple 1, Atari XL/XE)
- volksFORTH 65816 (Western Design Center - Mensch Computer, C-One)
- volksFORTH Z80 (CP/M, Amstrad CPC), Amstrad NC100, Cambridge Computer Z88
- volksFORTH 68000 (Atari ST)
License: The volksFORTH Sources are made available under the terms of the BSD License
The Handbook is Copyright (c) 1985 - 2005 Forth Gesellschaft e.V. ( Klaus Schleisiek, Ulrich Hoffmann, Bernd Pennemann, Georg Rehfeld and Dietrich Weineck).